Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's that time of year

So Alyssa presented last week some of her favorite Thanksgiving details. Turkey Day is almost here, so as a retailer I naturally think of a couple highlights of this time of year. 

Friday is what is supposed to be the biggest retail shopping day of the year - BLACK FRIDAY!!!

We love Black Friday, but the day we've come to love over the past couple years is the next day - Small Business Saturday. Sure, we love being busy as much as any retailer, but what I like so much is the sense of community. Saratoga, in particular, really supports its small businesses. People come out and say things like, "I love buying local" or "I really try to support small, local shops." One thing I've loved hearing recently is, "I saw this online, but then I remembered you carry them too. I'd rather support you - and not have to pay shipping!" 


We'll be open from 10-6 Friday (no need to lose sleep and get out of bed before sunrise) and 10-6 on Saturday. We hope you'll come in and start up a conversation with us. The best part of owning a small business is getting to meet fun people and hear interesting stories. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving! 


No comments:

Post a Comment