Thursday, April 12, 2012

Graphic Print DIY Project



I wanted to share a project I worked on last week.  I am an avid reader of Jenny Komenda's blog Little Green Notebook.  She has good design ideas and knows how to do them on a budget.  So when I was looking to spruce up my bland bathroom I followed her tutorial on how to create a no-sew pedestal sink skirt here.









I was inspired by the new shipment of Roberta Roller Rabbit we got at the store this week.  In addition to clothing, Roberta Freyman also does a home line and sells fabric by the yard.  We sell the fabric in our store by special order and I could not resist this blue and white pattern.








I found the tutorial very easy to follow.  The only thing I changed was the type of velcro I used.  I found one at Michael's that was sticky on one side and not on the other.  This apartment is rented and I wanted to be able to remove the skirt when we leave.  I glued the non-sticky side to the fabric and adhered the sticky side to the outside of the sink.  I think I will be able to remove any residue with some Goo Gone when we leave.  What do I love the best?  The skirt not only brightens the space, but it also gives us more storage under the sink.



No comments:

Post a Comment